The installation or update of a Native Instruments product fails on Windows, e.g. with the error message: Installation failed: Uninstall error.
- The NI software installation fails.
- The NI driver installation fails.
- The NI products are not displayed under Programs and Features in the Windows Control Panel.
- The NI installer asks you to uninstall first before installing, although the program has been uninstalled.
- The component you want to install in a NI installer is marked with a red cross.
- Download the file NI Uninstall RegTool_64bit.zip.
- Run NI Uninstall RegTool_64bit.exe as administrator.
- If a User Account Control window pops up, confirm with Yes.
- Select the product that is causing issues, e.g. NTKDaemon.exe
- Confirm with OK to start the process.
Available download: NI Uninstall RegTool_64bit.zip